Establishing a fund is quick and simple. Gifts may be made to the Community Foundation to start a new fund or to add to an existing fund. Your gift may be made during your lifetime or a gift that takes effect after your passing.
To Start a New Fund
We take care of most of the paper work for you, just give us a call at 727-531-0058.
When making a gift to the PCF, you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- Select the name of your special fund. It can be the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- Sign a simple and short fund agreement.
- Decide whether you prefer to recommend grants from your fund or you wish PCF to manage that for you. Grants are distributed in the name of your fund or, if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously.
You have options: You can be involved in the good works your gift makes possible, or you may recommend an area or organization you’d like your gift to support. Given our experience and connection to the community, you may choose to have PCF determine and address the areas of greatest need in our community.
- Allow PCF to handle all of the administrative details.
- Receive the tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Elect to endow your fund so that it is invested over time so the earnings from your fund are used to make grants to your favorite charities. Your gift, and all future earnings from your gift, is a permanent source of community capital – most importantly, your fund helps others going forward.
Add to an Existing Fund
Individuals, families and businesses may contribute to any existing fund at the Pinellas Community Foundation. Your gift may be given in honor or in memory of a loved one, and PCF will notify anyone you specify for your gift, or you may remain anonymous.
Donations to these funds are tax deductible to the fullest extent under federal law.