Only agencies receiving Operating Grants from the Foundation are eligible to apply for competitive grants. The grants are awarded once a year. In general, projects eligible for these grants must be of a durable and non-programmatic nature. In addition, applicants must submit bids or proposals from vendors. One bid or proposal is required if the project is under $10,000, two if it is $10,000 or over.
Summer Competitive Grants
Summer Cycle Application Deadline is June 15th
Glenn and Carol Arthur Field of Interest Grants–$25,000
- This is one of the Foundation’s newest grants programs. Agencies applying for one of the Mildred A. Stribling Special Grants (see below) are automatically eligible for an Arthur Grant provided the project fits within the Field of Interest which includes Agencies that provide social services to people in Pinellas County. Individual awards range from $1,000 to $25,000.
Edith B. Green Small Project Grant– $5,000
Edith B. Green Small Project Grant– $10,000
- Honoring Edith B. Green, these grants are funded by Regions Wealth Management and Members of the Foundation. The amounts are fixed and one grant is awarded in each category.
Mildred A. Stribling Special Grants– $50,000
- There is a minimum of two winners. Individual awards range from $1,000 to a maximum of $20,000.
Ernest & Carolyn Benedict Grants–$100,000
This program is funded from a gift made by Ernest Benedict of more than $2,500,000. This gift funds three grants programs. An agency or organization may apply for all three as long as the submitted projects are different for each program.
Capital Improvement Grants – up to $30,000
- One or more winners
- Requests must be for $10,000 to $30,000, in $1,000 multiples
- Request must be for capital improvement projects only
Equipment Grants – up to $20,000
- One or more winners
- Requests must be for $10,000 to $20,000, in multiples of $1,000
- Requests must be for equipment only
Special Grants–$50,000 or more
- Minimum of five grants awarded
- Grants awarded in multiples of $1,000 to $10,000
For information on how to apply, please call the Pinellas Community Foundation at 727.531.0058.